Friday 11 July 2014

My Roller Coaster Experience

Share it Please

For many people, going to a theme is easy, a annual treat, but for me I've always dreaded it. Recently my Mom decided it was time for me to get over my fear, so she bought the family tickets. It's fair to say I resented her for it. 

The fifth of July came along and I woke up anxious. We all got up early for the 45 minute drive to Alton and Alton Towers. We stopped at McDonalds for breakfast or in my little brothers case, a milkshake, and around 10 minutes later the car also decided it wanted to stop altogether. 
We then had to call my Grandparents to pick us up and drop us off.

My little brother waiting to go on enterprise 

Eventually and hours late, we arrived at my nightmare destination. We decided to go on the smaller rides first, and I started to realize that this wasn't all that bad. However my Mom decided one smaller ride was enough and decided we should head to The Enterprise which basically is a Ferris wheel in which you go upside down in. Personally I hate the feeling of being upside down so I skipped out on this, but my Mom decided to set a challenge for me to either go on this or Oblivion. Oblivion is the worlds first vertical drop roller coaster, and I was definitely pooing my self on the long wait for the ride with my sister. 

When we finally got strapped in, I started nervously chatting to the woman beside me and I think I I might have scared her slightly.  We reached the vertical drop and I swear my heart was gonna burst out of my chest. When we dropped it was one of the most exhilarating things I've ever done, I loved it.

My sister before she and my brother got drenched on the flume

We continued the day running from ride to ride and I loved it. I was so anxious to do anything like it but I shocked myself by trying something new and loving it. 

I even managed to find a coke bottle with my name on

One thing, however, I'm terrified of is cable cars. I can' stand them. My mom also decided it would be easier to go on these than wall across the park, so I had to sit with my headphones in whilst my brother shook the thing because he was enjoying it that much.

Me and my family on TH13TEEN
Eventually we got off of the flying horrors and made it in time for another go on TH13TEEN, which we had all loved previously in the day.  Whilst waiting in the queue I daringly told my mom if we had time we would be going on Rita  which accelerates up to 61 mph in 2.5 seconds and as we got closer to the front I was starting to regret my decision . In the end I loved it. 



Us on a slightly less terrifying ride 

I would urge people to leave your comfort zone, even if just for a day, you never know you might love it.


Until next time, stay beautiful 
Jord x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Social Share Icons


 

Follow The Author

https://www.instagram.com/jordssmallworld/https://plus.google.com/104054028324356869112